Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tribute to my brother

One of the things I am most thankful for is the knowledge that as families we can be together forever because of the sealing power available to us.

This week has been a very difficult but spiritual week for our family.  The morning of November 29, my brother, DelRoy Guymon, was called home to his Heavenly Father, and to a joyful reunion with parents, grandparents, and his son, Gene. He fought a good fight as he battled brain cancer since it was discovered in February. 

One of the hardest decisions I have had to make is whether or not I should go home to be with family on this solemn occasion. Before we left home we knew that it was a possibility that this was something we would be facing and that we would stay in the mission field. It was still an option to go home, but it was testified to me that we were to stay where the Lord had sent us to do His work and that is what DelRoy would want.
How can a person in a few words sum up more than 60 years of friendship that a sister & a brother have had the privilege to enjoy?   He has forever been my friend, my confidant, my scouting partner, my brother. The one thing that we were very proud to claim is that we have gone our entire lives without even one disagreement – not one argument between the two of us.
DelRoy honored me with a special pin for receiving my Woodbadge pin...

.....and a brotherly kiss.
 




We will miss this fine man, as a husband, father, grandfather, uncle, cousin, brother, nephew, friend. DelRoy, until the time comes when we can be together again, know that you are loved and will be missed. Thanks for the memories. We love you.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Linda. I am glad that you and DelRoy were able to share so many good times together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda and Jim, I'm sure it was difficult not being with the family after DelRoy's passing, I know how close you were. May you be blessed with peace and love as you go through this loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I was so sorry to learn of your loss. May the Spirit give you the peace and comfort you need as you continue doing the Lord's work.

    ReplyDelete