Monday, December 20, 2010

My Family

I am so grateful for my wonderful family. Not attending DelRoy’s funeral was very hard for me as well as for Grace (for those friends who don’t know, she is my sister who is serving a mission with her husband at the Laie, Hawaii Temple). Travis and my sister, Trudy, and her husband, Jim, took pictures after the funeral – the flag salute by the scouts as the casket was brought out of the church, and then the Air Force ceremony at the cemetery. Tianna also took a video of the Air Force ceremony. All of these were sent to Grace and I. These pictures were amazing! They made us feel as if we were there. James thought I needed a good laugh so he went back into his childhood days and jumped in front of Tianna’s ipod at the end of the video. Thanks, James! I needed that. We went to Columbia to attend the temple on the day of the funeral and took with us a family name in honor of DelRoy. However, the temple was closed for maintenance, but the ride was nice. There were also a lot of phone calls, and video chats with siblings, DelRoy’s wife, Alease, and our children. Grace and I did a video chat that day as well so we could have our family time. Thank you, family! You are the best! The branch was also very generous with their hugs. We are never alone, though miles apart from those we love for there are others to fill their place by proxy.


This is self explanitory. The children who he started this with brought some candy which they put in the casket with him.  They also made him a candy get well card when he was in the hospital.
 

They displayed his scouting stuff.  I loved this picture as it also represents some of what we shared.

Veteran salute

Folding the flag which was presented to Alease. It will be a family treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment