Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Visiting & fire ants!

As a senior couple we really haven't been given anything specific to do so as we started the week we decided to just start visiting members and get to know them.  The Relief Society President gave us 5 names, we mapped them out on our GPS and took off.  One member's address was just outside of Florence so we decided to wait until we went to Stake Conference, three weren't home, but we got to visit with one family.  We clocked 101 miles to make the round trip.  Members are spread far and wide.  Guess we'll start trying to take one area at a time.

The adventure of the day was when we stopped in a parking lot so I could turn the converter on (which keeps our computer going).  It was under the seat so I hopped out so I had better access.  All of a sudden my feet and ankles started to burn!  I looked down and they were covered with little ants!  (Later found out they were fire ants.)  I jumped back in the car which put them in the car with me, finally Jim moved the car so I could get out.  I was doing a dance in the parking lot, they were climbing up my leg so I was flapping my skirt and hoping no one was watching.  Jim had to get them out of the car.  I imagine it was quite a sight. After about an hour the burning started to ease.  That evening I was telling Weatherford's about it and they just said, "Wait until tomorrow."  When I got ready for bed, I discovered I was very lucky to have only 14 bites when I could've had more.  Sister Weatherford gave me some great stuff so I really haven't suffered much, but they last forever.

These are just a few of the bites and they are bigger than the ants were. I really watch where I step now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment