Monday, October 4, 2010

Just the beginning


We arrived at the MTC, Monday, October 4, just before 10:00 am. I must say it was a lot easier for me this time than it was when we brought our children. Maybe it was because I did all of my "boo hoo's" before I came. It's so much easier for couples. We were done for the day by 4:00 with just dinner on the schedule. It is amazing how much you have in common with the other Senior Couples. I won't bore you with the details but will let individuals know who we commonly knew. One highlight, though. Sister Smith, wife of the MTC President and Relief Society President, spoke and told us about a sweet sister from Jordan (Sister Elias) and her conversion story. Sister Elias knew Donna and Steve Colson (Elder Lovell's sister) while they served in Jordan and helped her with her mission papers. We had the privilege of meeting her this evening.

4 comments:

  1. We are so excited to enjoy this adventure with you. We are grateful for the wonders of technology to help keep us in touch. Hopefully I can get going again so that we can keep you in touch on your end. Have a great week in the MTC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! You figured out how to post a blog ALL BY YOURSELF! I'm so proud! :D So… do you like it? I was proud of the picture and such. :) Can't wait to get more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy y'all are going to let us follow you this way! Love it. I hope you're enjoying yourselves. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I just realized that I didn't have it emailing your comments to you. So I didn't know if you knew there were comments on here. But I fixed that. It now goes to your ida.net and both of your gmails. Let me know if that's overkill. :) Also, we made the text box transparent so you can see the picture behind it and it's not as bad as I thought. In fact, I kinda like it! We can make it a bit more opaque if you think it's too distracting. Just let me know tomorrow. Also, we made it so the picture stays put when you scroll. Cuz beforehand when you scrolled past the end of the picture, you just got black. Which is lame. So now you get the picture no matter what! Yeah, we're that awesome. :)

    Enjoy your last day in the MTC! We'll see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete