Monday, July 25, 2011

Update on Elder Lovell

Two weeks plus since his surgery and he is doing really well. When he had the staples out, Dr. Lee told us how sick he really was.  He read the report (in medical terms) then explained that it meant that his gallbladder was gangreous. He said if we had waited a few more days he would've been in real trouble. Sometimes we look at moments of trial such as his second attack, then realize that it really was a tender mercy as it got him in sooner than planned and was a blessing in the long run. Dr. Lee kept mentioning how sick he was and yet how well the surgery went. We are so grateful for the power of Priesthood blessings and prayers of family and friends. Thanks for your faith.

Just a fun little sidenote - The hospital is made up of many buildings, two are connected by a long corridor. I kept getting my directions mixed up every time I went to the cafeteria and I would end up on the wrong elevator or going to the wrong building. One time Lisa was with me and she was trying to show me which direction I should go but I was sure she was wrong.  We saw a family with a cute toddler in his stroller and he was grinning and waving at us.  I went up to him and said, "Hi" and in the conversation I told him I was lost and asked him if he could tell me which way to go. He just grinned and pointed - the same way Lisa was telling me. The family got a big kick out of it and especially Lisa because he ws right! By little children we will be led.

No comments:

Post a Comment